"I" factor Theory Headline Animator

Monday, January 29, 2007

Three Monkey Syndrome

In my younger days, I was taught the lessons learnt from the famous 'three monkeys'. I always wondered, how come we have to learn from monkeys? Aren't we supposed to be more intelligent than them?


Well never challenged the authority and still I don't. I have realised that it's better to find your own simpler ways of understanding life rather then conforming or confronting the established belief system.


In modern times I see people suffering from something that always took me long to explain. By the time the explanation was over, listeners and readers would loose interest.


Last night, I had inspiration that gave me the following interpretation of the three monkeys in modern times. Rather then they representing wisdom, they represent the lack of it. They still remain the wise monkeys but by mocking what we are doing, these monkeys are reflecting our mistakes and the pain that we suffer from that. So here is the new interpretation:


Original :

The monkey with mouth covered: Speak no Evil

The monkey with ears covered: Hear no Evil

The monkey with eyes covered: See no Evil


My Version:


First of all I call it as the "Three Monkey Syndrome". All those who are suffering can be labelled as suffering this three monkey syndrome:


The monkey with mouth covered: I won't express my true feelings

The monkey with ears covered: I won't listen to the message from Universe

The monkey with eyes covered: I won't see the reality


Well this inspiration is pretty new and I guess I will need to refine it further more. Till then, hope you enjoy this different interpretation of three monkeys and maybe contribute towards refining it and making it more contemporary.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it..what a great interpretation..and oh so true,,as always you have opened my noisy mind. As I read it I had the perfect illustration come to mind for the new funky monkey take. Ill send it to you when im done:)