"I" factor Theory Headline Animator

Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day

As usual I was at FaceBook, looking at all the messages, updating game requests, commenting on other peoples status, you know all that FB thingy. Something really I noticed that stood out, today and made me a little sad too.

I saw many people on my friends list, had changed their profile picture. Now that is not what moved me. People keep changing profile pictures, no big deal. However, this were strikingly different. They all were posting pictures of their dads. How touching. I was completely moved by this. Those fathers must have been great and should be taking pride in their children. Who else would profoundly advertise their dads on Internet.

Yes, I have heard many sad stories of dad abuses and hatred to dad. Sorry, I don't like to hear any more. For some reason I find that people have completely forgotten that fathers also do play a major role in our lives. It may not be as vivid and colourful and 'nice' as a mothers role. Still, it is important and very fundamental.

Throughout literature, social traditions or media, father, being male, as been ignored or under mentioned, if I may say so. There are millions of pages written on mother, rightly, but hardly any on father. If there is 'character' that is really ignored or not treated well in this world, then it is that 'dad'.

I was sad for not been able to proudly post my dads picture on the web. I don't have one. I will have to dig old family pictures and see if there is any nice picture of him to post. I did something else. I launched and dedicated a brand new site to him. Aptly he deserves it and more. Once I have a nice picture, it will feature somewhere for sure. The new site is all about learning, my lessons, teachings ... and all that was initiated into me by my father. So the site is dedicated to him.

Go there take a look. I am sure you will like it.  

No comments: