"I" factor Theory Headline Animator

Monday, December 05, 2005

Why does it hurt?

When you see someone you like / love so much, having fun with someone else, why does it ache your heart?

Honestly it should not ache your heart. You should not feel hurt. Still, you do, why?

I have tried to understand this emotion and feel that it comes from fear. False fear of loosing someone.

I always said and believe that there is only one love and that is true love. This true love is universal and elevating. It heals people’s heart and minds. It powerful enough move mountains and make way in the sea. “Love” is the only thing that makes us different from Animals.

And still I see when people love, they suffer. What happened to that true compassion and warmth of a loving heart? Where is that drop of tear in mother’s eyes when she sees her baby walk first time? Why the jealousy rules when you see your loved one having good time with someone else?

Interesting, the word love is used to connote sex. Maybe that’s when the true meaning of love was lost. Then simply to hang on to it, humans invented various flavours of love. Platonic love, parental love, fatherly love, motherly love and many such became commonplace terminology.

Once I was asked a question that if I got married, how many children would I like to have. My answer was minimum 6 but if possible 8. Now don’t roll your eyes. I don’t intend to produce more off springs into this world. My idea was to adopt children from around the world. Not to have biological children was my decision then and is my decision now. In those younger days, I was laughed at and ridiculed by friends of same age. In fact I was labelled as someone who does not understand love and relationship.

Today, as I look around, those who laughed at me then are wondering where is all that freedom and joy? The same daily battle for survival has taken away the some of the most essential things in life including love. They are so cold now and in fact are so afraid of love.

I don’t know what happened to those good old days when a genuine warm loving hug from a friend was always so reassuring. Instead we have this cold hellos and brief hand shakes.

Maybe someday, someone will bring that love back into humanity. A love which has no fear, no pain, no possessiveness and no jealousy. Hope to see that before my time runs out.

No comments: